Sunday, September 12, 2010

C4T Summary Post #1

Daneah Galloway had many good insights to technology in her post. In the first post that I had read, "Magic Wand," she discusses the rapid change in technology and how there are no boundaries to what humans can accomplish. She stated that the ideas of boundaries have really become "obsolete." I agreed with her post and commented that there are so many changes in technology but not many of these changes are being seen in the educational systems. There are so many ways to improve technology but they are not being taken advantage of when it comes to educating our children.

In the next post, "The Hole," Daneah talks about how she is in Bangkok and buying her first home in the US. She purchased this home thousands of miles away and while still in Bangkok she does a complete remodel. This is all made possible through technology. Her family and friends in the US would use tools such as iPhone pictures and Skype to keep her updated. I am amazed when I read this. Here this woman is thousands of miles away and still in complete control of what is being done to her first home. When I commented, I left a thought of what people ever did without technology? I wonder how people ever lived without the technologies that we have today and if we had to, could we live without them again? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment