Monday, October 4, 2010

September C4K Summary Post

The first C4K was an about me post by fidele. He wrote that he wasn't very good in math, so, I gave him some tips that helped me get through my math classes. I told him that math is not a spectators sport and you have to "get into the game." In order to be good with math, like any other sport, you must first practice. To make math fun, I told him to treat each problem like it were a puzzle. Don't think of it as homework.

The next week, the kid's post were on their learning manifesto. They put on their blogs promises that they make to help them have better success during the school. My student promised to go to bed on time and asked questions when he didn't understand something. It stuck out to me that they promised to ask questions. I told him  that this was a great promise to make because the only way you really learn is to truly understand and to truly understand, you must ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment