Sunday, November 7, 2010

C4T Summary Post #3




In the past few weeks I have been reading and commenting on blogs by Paige Baggett. She is an assistant professor at the University of South Alabama. Much of her post were about art and the use of education. For example, in one of the first that I commented on she wrote about mistakes. She said that mistakes can't be erased and like a piece of artwork, you just have to work with them. I thought that this was a great philosophy to instill in young children that I will be teaching someday. It is okay that mistakes happen sometimes, after all, that is usually where we learn our best lessons.

In her next post she also talked about art, but this time she highlighted a piece of installation artwork; which is where the viewer (or person experiencing it) is actually apart of the art. This piece was actually comparing a historical event to today's society. She created a video of pictures that she took and placed them with post so that the reader could better understand what she was describing. It was a very informative way to use her blog to tell other people about what she had seen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kellie,

    I just read your summary on the Teacher you followed Paige Baggett. I also really liked her philosophy on mistakes. As a Mom to three I have to remind my own children that mistakes will happen but you are so right that is when you learn the most. I often joke that I have always had to learn things the hard way. I am the person I am today because of mistakes and the challenges that I have faced in my personal life. Great post Kellie and best of luck to you on your journey in becoming a teacher.

    ReplyDelete