Sunday, November 14, 2010

Survey Summary

My Topic:
As an active member of the Greek community on our campus, I decided to create a survey about other's students involvement and relations to Greek students. I wanted to see, of the people I was assigned to survey, who else is also members of Greek organizations or have been involved with Greek events.

The Results:
Of the seventeen people to respond, only two are active members in an organization and three people (not including the two actives) had ever considered joining a sorority or fraternity. Eight out of the seventeen had friends that were involved with Greek life and  the other nine did not. Ten of the people felt that there was certain stereotype of students in Greek organizations.  When asked on a scale of 1-5 (one being poor and five being great) what the Greek's over all contribution of morale on our campus was, the average was 2.7. When asked what events Greeks are most often seen attending, the most common answers were class and campus sporting events. They were then asked what Greek sponsored events that they had attended and the majority had never attended a Greek event. However, the two active members had atteded all the events listed.

My Response:
These replys to my survey were not very surprising. I had expected that not many  of those who I had surveyed would be involded in Greek life because less than 10% of all students enrolled on campus are Greek. I also had expected that most students would be freinds with or had know someone who is Greek, which I was correct because almost half replied that they did. The general about Greek's on our campus was a 2.7. Not great but at least half feel that we are doing something good for the school. Not many students had ever been apart of a Greek philanthropy event either. I feel that is something that the Greek community could work on. Perhaps advertising more to the independent organization to become involved so that there is better student involvement campus-wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment